Monday 22 May 2017

Monday, MAil and Me - Yarn and trousis have arrived!

We do like our days out. I get to snap pictures and Mr M gets to indulge in his hobby of driving. This time he turned left and headed deeper into Wales. Sometimes we take the coast road, which takes us through Cardiff and on to Penarth then out into the wilds of Glamorgan.


 We have driven past Ewenny Pottery many times but this time I recognised the road and said "OOH, Ewenny Pottery" "Do you want to stop?" he asked "Yes, please". So we did. I already have a little vase from there that was given to me about 50 years ago but I might have bought a present for someone there this time
 We headed onwards to Franco's in Aberavon. They do small portions! yes, look at the size of that fish. That's a small portion. I managed to eat the fish, the peas and one onion ring. The chips I had to leave. Mr M had Cow pie, mushy peas and chips He ate all of his and one onion ring so they gave us a container to bring the others home. They are just so delicious!
 We arrived in Swansea and needed fuel so that meant Morrisons. We asked Ms Satnav
 "The route has been calculated, please follow the highlighted route to your destination" She is very polite
 Then we headed to the Gower. Paused at a traffic light and saw that the Sketty sign was still there - one mile and half a furlong - isn't that just so cute?
 We sat on the bench looking down across the beach in Port Eynon. We had icecream... correction I had icecream while Mr M had a lolly a fruit pastille lolly. probably laden with sugar but we weren't going to eat for quite a while and that's our excuse
Mr M said this is a cartoon road, I kind of expected to see RoadRunner heading towards us. By the time we had negotiated our way back off the Gower we were ready to go home so we said thank you to Ms Satnav and turned her off, then headed up the M4 getting home just before the eastbound Tunnel was closed. By the time we had made a cuppa and sat down the traffic was stacking up outside the house so our timing was excellent

Mail? oh yes. I forgot to take pictures of my new trousis (I only had to shorten them by an inch ) and my yarn is already being made into ... things for gifts for people for birthdays perhaps or maybe for Christmas, my lips are sealed

My thanks to Sian for inventing this meme and keeping me writing

5 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

I'm seeing so many beach visits in my blog feed, making me quite determined to get there soon.

Alison said...

You do get out and about...I so enjoy reading about your outings! Xx

Ruth said...

Your lunch looks amazing! Onion rings, yum!

Sian said...

Hehe: it's hard to beat a trip to the beach and an icecream, isn't it?

Barbara Eads said...

What a fun outing. You always seem to find interesting places to visit. Can't wait to see your creations!