Wednesday 24 August 2016

Me on Monday - Hugging and kissing grandchildren


This was what I did on Monday this week. Can you think of anything better than cwtching (like hugging but with a Welsh accent) your newest grandchild on a Monday evening after an afternoon of delight with her big brothers? I can't.

Did I learn anything? oh yes, seeing how much the boys have matured since I last saw them, seeing how much they delight in Mr M and how they stay close to him and soak up every word he says.

All this after a weekend meeting the newly discovered cousins and finding out how spookily alike we are. According to Mr M, who watched us for more than half an hour, "You two are like peas in a pod, You were moving your hands and wearing the same expression..."
What we were actually doing was trying to find the birth registration for an elusive ancestor so we were in front of the computer and trying to think of how else to word the searches.
There were many hugs and loads of laughter, lots of coffee a few snacks and then a chippie supper. What a wonderful weekend! what marvellous people. I can't wait until they come to visit us

My thanks to Sian at FromHighInTheSky for inventing this meme and keeping me coming back to write more

1 comment:

Sian said...

No I can't think of anything better! I can remember meeting a grown up cousin I didn't know once and he came into the room and sat down on the floor and crossed his legs and it was so exactly what my dad would have down I could hardly speak for surprise