Saturday 28 May 2016

My ears are in Porthcawl

This is Mr M. We have been together for nearly 36 years and waaay, waaay back in 1980 during the course of a day out it seemed like every time I said something he would say "pardon?" or "I'm sorry I didn't hear what you said" or more often "Say that again!" and I would repeat myself until I finally had had enough and said
"Are you going DEAF!"
"No," he replied, "I am on my holidays here with you but my ears have gone on holiday too ... but they have gone to Porthcawl."
He scored a point for making me laugh out loud and this has been his get out of jail phrase for not hearing things ever since.
Today we were at the Venison Centre up in the Brecon Beacons, having a cuppa before we bought some venison sausages. When the tray was brought to our table there were two of those yummy little biscuits. I ate mine and then said "Can I eat your biscuit?"
Mr M gave me that look, the one in the picture, and said "Why do you need to get a skip?"*

* for the left pondian readers a skip is a dumpster

No comments: