Monday 30 May 2016

Memorandum Monday - barbeque?

This! This is why I am not fond of BBQ. Wherever I sit the smoke follows me. I once made a remark to Mr M about BBQ and he uses it frequently.
"The trouble with warm summer weekends," I said, "is that the air is redolent with the smell of BBQ"

I was thinking along the lines of having to ensure the washing was off the line and indoors before the first firelighter was stuffed into the charcoal but the word redolent struck home with him and he will mutter it as we pass the chiller cabinets in the supermarket with their special offer BBQ packs of meat and stuff.

We went out for a bit in the car on Saturday to see if we like it any more than we did on Monday. Everything is still in the wrong place and it is so small compared to the Sedona but that's what we have to stop doing - comparing - it doesn't bring satisfaction. Mr M is getting used to an engine half the size of the Sedona and I am getting used to him elbowing me in the arm every time he changes gear.

We texted Darling Daughter when we stopped to buy essentials like bread and butter and asked if we bought the stuff would she do the barby. S-i-L said he would cook so we bought the food and turned up at their house a little while later, when they came back from shopping.

Miss Boo was watching the Jackdaws on the Telecom building and trying to see where they were sneaking in and out. Blue-cat is waiting. He knows that all this smoke means food will be dropped and he might be 17 years old and as scrawney as a scrawney thing but he can move pretty darned quick when burger is falling to the floor.

I reinforced my knowledge that I really don't care for BBQ. I never used to mind when we were camping but these days I get no real pleasure in sitting in smoke to eat my dinner. I prefer a comfy chair with my feet up

My Thanks to Sian at FromHighInTheSky for inventing this meme to keep me writing

1 comment:

Sian said...

I love the taste, but the older I get, the less I am in thrall to the idea of sitting outside watching it cook. Also, my teeth aren't what they once were. And ribs are my favourite.