Monday 2 May 2016

Me on Monday - A bank holiday

Sometimes you learn things you don't want to be true. Wicked Uncle Cliff is in horsepiddle far away in darkest Surrey. He has separated the big muscle in his thigh from its anchors to his knee joint. He awaits surgery and will be immobilised in a cast for 8 weeks. The smile on his face tells us concerned people that he has no idea of the technical difficulties this will bring.
His flat is up two flights of stairs so how will he do that in a full cast? What about.... the lavatory, how will he manage? how will he keep clean?
Am I in worrying mode? Almost. But he lives on his own and has no close family.

I think it is the fact that I am so far away and I can't fix it.

All this has kind of knocked the whole weekend into a cocked hat. I can't remember what we did on Saturday - oh, we went the pretty way to the garden centre. Sunday I finished knitting a donkey and started sewing it together. That's it

My thanks to Sian at FromHighInTheSky for inventing this meme and keeping me writing

4 comments:

Alison said...

hope the surgery goes well and that you're able to stop worrying soon xx

Sian said...

Aw, no! I'm almost feeling like organising a rota..we could if we lived closer and then he might be frightened back onto his feet again by the stream of strange female bloggers, bringing dinners and good cheer. Joking aside, I do hope he is okay and that once his surgery is over your mind might be more at rest.

Wishing you some more donkey knitting this week. And thanks for the birthday wishes

Susanne said...

Oh bless his heart - that sounds very painful. Wishing him a successful surgery and quick recovery.

Ruth said...

I'm sorry to hear about Wicked Uncle Cliff ... do hope he is able to manage things. I'd like to know/see more of the knitted donkey ...