Monday 14 March 2016

Memorandum Monday - healthy again

missed this the first time so did a circuit of the roundabout
I went out of the house for the first time in two and a half weeks on Saturday. First there was the tummy bug and then the cold that struck me down so I spent a lot of time sleeping in my chair with my quilts over me.
We went to Jo's for breakfast. I have mentioned this place before. They do an excellent breakfast and in the corner they have a bookshelf where you can choose a book or three and donate something to one of the charity boxes. This time I took them two boxes of books, all registered with Bookcrossing.com. I kept the stacks of books in my house that I had still to read and I didn't look to see what they had on the shelf. I was proud of myself.
Then we went on towards Ross where we stopped in Labels and bought me a fleecy jacket from Bon Marche. It is pink and even though it is a large size to go around me the sleeves do not dangle past my ankles. Why do clothes manufacturers believe that if you are .... rotund ... that you have arms like an Orang Utan.
Then we continued up the road and decided that we would go towards Ledbury because we didn't want to go on the M50 as that is the longest motorway in the world.
We went to Clive's Fruit Farm because they have a real butcher there who cuts things how you want them. We bought a carrier bag full of juicy, red, poisoned apples ( we once heard a little boy in the super market ask his mother if she was going to buy any juicy, red, poisoned apples so all red apples bear that title for us now) some pork chops 12 breakfasts worth of bacon and a neck of lamb for the stewpot. We had a cuppa while we were there - because we could and then continued to wend our way through the countryside. We did a circular tour of Tewkesbury and had a late lunch in the Wheatpieces - a Hungry Horse pub. Mr M had the Nachos and I had a tuna/mayo jacket potato.
Then we avoided the M50 at the other end and headed towards Brecon - yes, I know a very wending way. We didn't stop at Oakchurch and we gave a cheer when we drove past the little timber-framed cottage that has been falling to bits for years because it is being saved!
Home in time to put the stuff into the freezer and then to elevate the legs while knitting a cowl/hood for Lady Bluefunnel.
Went to Dinner on top of the hill with Admiral and Lady B on Sunday. I finished the cowl in time. We haven't seen them for weeks because of illness and holidays so we spent a marvellous evening catching up on all the news.
Did I learn anything new? Well, Mr M doesn't forget things that are important. He might not hear what I say every time because his ears switch off, but if I mention something in passing like "oh, isn't that where the wooden horses are on the roundabout? The ones I forgot to photograph last time?" he knows how to get from where we are to where I mention and he does it without a word.
I love our special us time
My Thanks to Sian at FromHighInTheSky for inventing this meme and keeping me writing

5 comments:

helena said...

good to hear you are on the mend and out and about again - fabulous horse with its added woolly decorations - have a great week

Sian said...

I'm delighted to hear that you are up and about..that's a long time to be housebound. But the afternoons are getting so much lighter now: time to plan some more adventures!

Alison said...

Glad you are feeling up to being out and about again...stay healthy! Xx

Mardi said...

That must have been wonderful to be out and about after being unwell so long. I hope you are well and truly on the mend now.

Susanne said...

Well, I love how your writing has enabled us to tag along on your outings. Glad the bug is behind you and you can be out and about again - and sharing those adventures with us - poisoned apples and all.