Sunday 13 October 2013

Just have to get this written down while I remember

Last night, long after we had gone to bed and should have been sound asleep, I woke myself up coughing and then choking - I must have swallowed some drool the wrong way..... yeuk!

Anyway, as I settled back down again a soft voice, furry with sleep said "That was really weird." I had obviously woken Mr M, well, it was a really impressive coughing fit. "What did you really say?" he asked, making me open my eyes and wonder if I was really hearing him. "What do you mean?" I asked back.
"Well I am sure I heard you say 'It's a chocolate caramel!' but why would you say that? were you dreaming?"
I tried not to laugh, honestly. I failed. and by trying not to I made it worse. I explained that I had been coughing and choking and he said "Oh, good, because that didn't make any sense." then he did that not-really-awake-so-I'll-just-burrow-further-into-my-pillows thing and was soon snoring gently.

I chuckled a little more and soon was fast asleep too.

5 comments:

Sian said...

Funny :)

Becky said...

This made me laugh!

Ruth said...

Funny what we hear in our sleep!

Barbara Eads said...

I'm impressed that he was listening at all!!

Miriam said...

I'm impressed that he was listening too!