Monday 11 February 2013

Out for a birthday lunch...

Today is Mr M's birthday. He has one every year and the weather is always cra awful. He had already decided that he would have lunch at his favourite place as his birthday treat and as it is half term we had the Divine Miss Em with us.
Where did you go? I hear you ask. Now think about this for a moment here. Where do we always go if we are "in the area"?. By "in the area" I mean within two hours driving, of course. Oh, you guessed! Well it is just up the road in Leominster.

The daft thing is that we went there via Hay-on-Wye, so that I could look in the book shops. The problem was that he didn't tell me this and my brain was all set up for going to the OK Diner, having lunch and doing something on the way home. Instead we went to Hay and it was SNOWING! I didn't have my waterproof coat or my gloves and by the time we had been to the loo I was so cold I ached and my stupid neck began to hurt again. I had a bit of a stupid panic and kind of folded in on myself and couldn't speak because I would have burst into tears. We got straight back in the car and moved on to the OK Diner.

We came straight back home again afterwards so it wasn't quite the special day he had planned. We do have the rest of the week to do things because Mr M always books this week off work so I think we shall have to find something warm to do - or hope that it snows real thick and we have to stay at home... but that's copping out really isn't it?

6 comments:

The Daft Bat said...

Happy Birthday Colin!

Barbara Eads said...

I'm sorry you didn't get to fully enjoy the day. At least you had a fun meal at the diner. I love diners. Something about the simplicity of the food brings backs memories of "the good ole days!" I hope you have a fun week with Wookie at home.

Barbara Eads said...

Ooops, just read another blog and realized I referred to YOUR husband with the wrong name. Sorry. Happy birthday to Mr. "M"!!

Sian said...

Happy Birthday to Mr M!

I hope the cold didn't have any lasting effect on the neck and you really are getting out and about again

Becky said...

Oh, I am sorry that you didn't get the day you expected, but glad that you did get to have lunch out. We are hoping to go to Hay in April when we are on holiday so that we can browse the bookshops - particularly for Penny as she just LOVES her book and is doing a degree in Creative Writing.

Missus Wookie said...

Oh Hay-on-Wye for the bookshops sounds good - but yes waterproofs and a scarf would be a good addition. Glad you got to eat lunch and take Miss Em. Wookie thinks everyone should get the day off for their birthday :)