Friday 18 May 2012

Quilts, I like quilts

I wanted this to look like a tiled floor with leaves blowing
 Tomorrow Mr M and I are going to Malvern to the Quilt show. My daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter are coming too. I know this doesn't sound like much really. I mean everyone has the odd day out don't they? Well, you see, I. Don't. Go. Out.



Based on a postcard of Portmeirion - we love that place
 It kind of sneaked up on me when my parents came to live with us. They moved in at the end of December 1997 and while Mr M was a tower of strength and social services were really helpful I had the bulk of the caring. They eventually had to go into a home because I collapsed and that's when I realised that going out brought on the panic attacks. They went into the home in 2002 and it is only in the last year that I have been able to make the occasional trip out without Mr M. So I am getting better!



This is going to dear friends who recently got married
 I have wanted to go to Malvern for several years to see all the quilts. I used to make quilts - amongst other things - as you can see by the pictures of some of my better ones. I haven't done any sewing for ages, just haven't felt the urge to sit and fiddle but recently I have had the stirring of an idea for a quilt.




I look at these pictures and realise that I was quite good really. I shall probably be very disheartened by the standard of quilt tomorrow but I think I am quite proud of my work really - and I will hopefully get through the whole day without having a panic attack. Wish me luck!



Based on a painting by Helen Rich

1 comment:

Sian said...

Now, thanks to my Google Reader next button sending me backwards, I have already seen your newer post and I know that you had a Grand Day Out. I'm delighted.