Wednesday 18 June 2008

How easily we forget things

We went to stay with my eldest son for a couple of days. He is borrowing our tent and camping gear for a holiday so we stacked everything into the Jeep and off we went on Sunday. Somewhere about halfway I remembered that the bag of books that I had carefully packed was still sitting on top of the chest freezer in the kitchen.

Now I don't know about anyone else but when I don't have a book to hand, so that I can pick it up and read anytime I want, I get a bit..... restless. By the time we arrived at my son's house I was almost twitchy and one of the first things I said was "I forgot my books!" "Don't worry mum you can read any of ours" he said, and immediately I could feel the panic ebbing away. It is nice to know that I brought my son up properly and he too has a house full of books.

As it was I didn't read veru much except guide books because we went to a couple of places close to where he lives and when we came back to his home we just had to have a little play on the Wii. I love it and I want one, if only because it kept beating me at tennis and boxing. Oh boy did I sleep well LOL

No comments: